- It's a classic platforming obstacle:
- Jump over the gap to cross the chasm.
- The catch is that the target platform is a white cloud.
- Jumping on a white cloud causes the player to rip through it and die.
- This puzzles plays with player's instincts for tackling chasm crossing obstacles.
Click on the images to view a larger version
The player must cross the chasm.
The player can clearly see a stream of wind.
The player cannot jump into the wind, as the wind cannot carry the player, causing him/her to fall and die.
Although the player can easily jump over the chasm, as the target side is made of white cloud, the player will fall through and die.
However, by using the cloud rolling technique the player can create his/her own technique.
This can be pushed into the wind, allowing the player to stand on the platform to cross the chasm.
How will the player learn the solution?
The obstacle draws on the player's experience of the instinctive training area.
The loud sound of the wind provides a clue to the player that will help with solving the puzzle.
|Previous Section:||Top Index||Next Section:|
|Beanstalk: Crossing the Chasm||Library Level||Book of world history|