(Click on map for a larger version)
Key to map
= Player Represents player scale
= Bookcase = Bookcase cube = rotating bookcase = Desk [Black line] = wall [Brown line] – crumbling banister
= Ghost (Ghost in bookcase cube is a book-throwing ghost)
= Experienced librarian
Lock and Key items
(All keys are hidden in the nearest bookcase).
= Royal Room key card = Archive room 1 key
= Archive Room 2 key = Janitor’s room key = Staff room key
= The diamond shape keys () are used for the bonus boat basement area.
[Coloured strip] = Bookcase barrier (made from coloured light).
The player cannot pass through this wall until its related bookcase obstacle has been completed. [Barrier colours include Red, yellow, sky blue, orange, green, deep blue, purple, grey and cyan]
= Bookcase obstacle
There is a different obstacle for each bookcase barrier. Overcoming the obstacle will remove all barriers of the same colour.
= Germ world (hidden in nearest bookcase)
(Items are hidden on nearest bookcase or carried by librarian)
= Arabian nights page = Arabian Nights book
= Fairy tale page Fairy tale book
= Human sculpture = Human machine
= Power up (for clarity only star power ups are shown)
= Door The player enters the room through here. If placed behind a bookcase, the player must find a hidden book to move the bookcase.
= Boat lock – the appropriate colour coded diamond keys on the downstairs section are required to access this area.
- Power up vault - Contains a generous helping of power-ups.
Overview of area
The numbers in brackets are grid references.
[*] Denotes a mandatory obstacle that the player has to overcome.
All other obstacles are optional, but they possess an ‘irresistible quality’ due to the secrets they hide.
In addition to the mandatory obstacles, as the map shows, the player will have to complete at least two blocking puzzles in order to pass through.
- Reception (A8–D9) - The player begins here. Librarians lurk behind the desk. The small space allows the player to establish his/her bearings.
- Main area (A7-T9) – Switching to the giant size can allow the player to plot a route through this maze. The hidden items will encourage careful exploration.
- Desk area (R1 – T7) – If the giant player can smash all the boarding, then this area will become filled with spectacularly amazing colour lights, which can be used to uncover hidden messages (refer to the reading desks section).
- Staircase (S8 – T10) - Another spectacular splendour, this staircase leads to the upstairs area. Its elaborate size and beauty will act as a navigational aid.
- Secret Room 1 (E10-F10) - This room is accessible from the janitor’s room, but the door will only open if the player can touch the appropriate book in the main area (it is hidden in the bookcase in D7). The room initially appears to be empty, but the small player can access a rare germ gas.
- Secret room 2 (F10-10) - This room is accessed by touching a particular book in the royal room. The ghosts guard power ups and a human artifact.
- Secret room 3 (L8–L10) - The giant player can only access this by jumping behind the bookcase in L7. To open the door, the correct book on this bookcase must be touched first. Power-ups and a germ world are guarded by the librarian.
- Secret room 4 (M8–M9) - To access this room, the player must touch the appropriate book on the M7 bookcase before the book-throwing ghost destroys it.
- Royal rooms 1 & 2 (F8–K9 & L10-R10) - Many items are in these rooms (refer to the Royal Room obstacle).
- Archive room 1 & 2 (M5–Q6 & M3–Q4) - The correct key is needed to enter.
- Secret room A & B (M3 – M4 & M5 – M6) - Finding the correct books on the nearby bookcases is necessary to enter these rooms.
- Staff room (A10–D10) The librarians guard many key cards & power ups.
- Janitor’s room (E8–F9) - The librarian guards several power ups.
|Previous Section:||Top Index||Next Section:|
|Library level maps||Library Level||Upstairs map|